A guilt-free simple and delicious dessert that you can feel good about eating!
What You Will Need:
- 4 firm cooking apples eg.Granny Smith, Golden Delicious
- 8 Tbsp. raisins
- Cinnamon to taste
- ½ cup raw cashew pieces
- Pure vanilla extract
- With a knife, cut apples horizontally around the middle to keep the skin from splitting during baking.
- Core apples and fill the center of each with 2 Tbsp. raisins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- While apples are baking, whirl cashew in a blender, adding water gradually until you get the consistency you prefer. The longer you blend, the smoother the mixture becomes.
- Add a few drops of pure vanilla extract for extra flavour.
- Spoon over hot apples.
- Enjoy :)