These patties will hopefully be a new Christmas tradition in your house. They are delicious and festive and won’t last long in your house!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked (see note)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak overnight, or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews after soaking.
- Add the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, and peppermint extract into a high-speed blender. Blend on the highest speed until completely smooth for 3 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grab mini cupcake/candy liners. Add a half tablespoon of filling into each liner. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat until you don't have any filling left (you should get about 22-25). Freeze, uncovered, for 20-35 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- After freezing, quickly pop the patties out of the cupcake liners and set each on top of their respective liner. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up even more.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small pot over the lowest heat. When half of the chips have melted, remove it from the heat and stir until all the chips are melted. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly for a few minutes before dunking the patties.
- Remove the patties from the freezer and dunk them into the melted chocolate with a fork. Tap the side to shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment paper. Do this step as quickly as possible so the patties don't melt. Return the patties to the freezer until set, for about 10 minutes, until the chocolate coating is firm. Store leftover patties in the freezer/fridge until ready to enjoy!
- If you are having trouble with the chocolate thickening up as you dunk them, reheat the chocolate again over low heat to thin it back out.. Another option is to just drizzle the chocolate on top of the patties.
- If you have melted chocolate leftover, spread it into a parchment paper lined plate and freeze it. This way nothing goes to waste!
*modified from Oh She Glows