- 2 cups coconut sugar OR 1c honey OR 1c maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup butter OR coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a small pot on medium heat, stir together the sugar, milk, butter and salt. Keep stirring until mixture starts to boil.
- Add cocoa powder and keep stirring for 4 minutes keeping mixture at a low boil.
- Turn off the burner, add vanilla and keep the pot on the burner while adding oats and coconut all at once.
- By keeping the pot on the warm burner keeps the mixture from cooling off too quickly while mixing in oats and coconut.
- Stir really well, then with 2 spoons drop onto wax paper or parchment paper.
- Mixture will cool really quickly, so don’t dawdle.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device