This seasonally spiced granola with the flavors of gingerbread, including molasses, ginger and cinnamon, is sure to be a hit this Christmas season.
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (ideally gluten-free)
1.5 cups raw pecans and walnuts halves
3/4-1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1-1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla. Turn the granola out onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with coconut flakes (if using). Stir up the mixture to make sure the granola cooks evenly.
- Return the pan to the oven for 8 to 11 more minutes, or until the granola is lightly golden on top. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
- Top the granola with the chopped cranberries and candied ginger. Let the granola cool before breaking it into pieces and enjoying.
- Store the granola in an airtight container. It should stay fresh for 1 to 2 weeks. Store in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
*modified from cookieandkate.com