This recipe is especially timely at this time of year with all of the fresh garden produce that is available.
What You Will Need:
- 4 medium red potatoes, washed unpeeled, steamed or baked and cut into chunks
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, cleaned cut into thirds and lightly steamed
- 2-4 Tbsp. olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ – ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil and/or oregano, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine potatoes and beans with olive or flaxseed oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, basil, and/or oregano.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- For a pleasant flavour, mix all the ingredients together except for the potatoes and chill. Just before serving, add warm potatoes to cold salad.