Frittata Recipe, plus 2 Variations
Here is a basic frittata recipe plus 2 easy & delicious vegetable frittata variations.
Basic Frittata Recipe
- 6 large eggs, use 8 eggs for a 12-inch skillet
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, or any milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Choose ingredients for one of the variations below:
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or broccolini
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
Lunch or Supper (leftovers are amazing!)
Turkey Stuffed Squash
- 2 (1-pound) delicata squash, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Rub the squash halves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the insides with salt and pepper. Set them cut-side up in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the turkey, garlic salt, paprika, and cumin and cook until the turkey is cooked through(usually about 4-5 minutes), breaking it up as needed. Add the kale and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until softened.
- Take the pan off the heat. Stir in the tahini and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the turkey mixture among the squash halves (they should be generously full). Sprinkle with chives and serve a squash half to each person
Zucchini Noodle Fettuccine
Healthy fettuccine alfredo made with zoodles instead of regular pasta noodles. It's low carb, packed with veggies and much lighter than traditional fettuccine alfredo.
Course: Lunch/DinnerCuisine: ItalianKeyword: Zucchini Noodle Fettuccine Servings: 2 Calories: 151kcal Author: Brittany Mullins
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 ½ cups steamed cauliflower florets
- ⅓ - ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves roasted garlic or 1 clove raw garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 4 baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium-large zucchini squash
- ½ cup steamed cauliflower florets
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Steam cauliflower: Steam cauliflower if you haven’t already. Steam 2 cups, 1 1/2 cups for the sauce and 1/2 cup for the pasta.
- Make zoodles: While cauliflower is steaming, make fettuccine noodles by spiralizing your zucchini using the correct blade (Paderno = straight blade, Inspiralizer = blade A). Set noodles aside.
- Make sauce: Prepare cauliflower alfredo sauce by placing 1 1/2 cups steamed cauliflower, 1/3 cup almond milk, roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, oil, salt and pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth. You want the sauce to be kind of thick (like regular alfredo sauce) but not too thick so add a bit more almond milk, if needed. Set aside.
- Sauté veggies: In an extra-large skillet over medium heat, add a little oil, onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onions are fragrant and mushrooms has softened.
- Add zoodles: Add zucchini noodles to the pan and cook until noodles are hot and al dente, about 1-5 minutes more. Drain any excess liquid from the pan if needed. Add cauliflower sauce and remaining cauliflower florets to pan and mix well to combine. Toss well until all noodles are coated with sauce. Heat until pasta is just warm and ready to serve.
- Serve: Garnish pasta with chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve.