This recipe just screams early summer bounty. Asparagus and Radishes are the first few veggies to pop up in our gardens and this recipe is a delicious way to enjoy them!
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 4 ounces radishes (5 to 8 medium to large radishes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Flaky salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 loosely-packed cup fresh mint leaves, stems removed
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and cut each stalk into 1-inch pieces. Heat the butter or oil in a large sauté pan over high heat and cook the asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes, until it's warmed through and tender but still crisp.
- Slice the radishes into thin rounds using a mandoline or sharp chefs knife. Toss with the asparagus in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Pour over the vegetables and toss. Season generously with flaky salt and black pepper. Slice the mint leaves very fine and toss them with the vegetables.
- This can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature.