When you have finished eating your meal, but you still feel like eating more.
1. Brush / floss your teeth, rinse with mouthwash or oil pull, have a mint or sip on tea/ lemon water.
2. Remove yourself from the food environment and find a distraction. Go do work, call a friend or find a new interest.
3. If you watch TV and you are swayed by commercials, pick Netflix or record your shows so you can fast forward through the commercials.
4. If watching tv near the kitchen is problematic for you, set up a tv or other activity away from the kitchen.
5. Consider the possibility of a nutrient deficiency. Chromium picolinate and magnesium deficiencies can commonly lead to increased food cravings.
6. Imbalance blood sugar may be a problem for you. Make sure you are balancing meals with energizing proteins and healthy fats.
7. STOP and THINK. Are you bored, tired , lonely, angry or frustrated? Is it possible you are eating your emotions?