These recipes taste as good as they look and both offer many healing nutrients to keep you happy and healthy this winter.
- 2 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 6 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- Step 1
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and season well with salt and pepper. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add beef and sear on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pot and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as necessary.
- Step 2
- To the same pot, add mushrooms and cook until golden and crispy, 5 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and stir to coat vegetables.
- Step 3
- Add broth, thyme, rosemary, and beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until beef is tender, 50 minutes to an hour.
Instant Pot Turmeric Tahini Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Carrots, Thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt + more to taste
- 3 Cups Chicken stock (not sodium reduced)
- 1/2 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 Cup Light coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Cups Baby spinach, tightly packed
- Place all the ingredients, up to the chicken, in the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Lay the chicken breast on top.
- Cover, set to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 15 mins. Let steam release naturally when done.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with 2 forks. Place it back into the pot.
- Pour 1 cup of the soup (including any shredded chicken) into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the soup.
- Add the coconut milk, tahini and spinach and stir. You can cover the pot and turn to saute mode for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt, if it doesn't on it's own.
- Adjust the salt to taste and DEVOUR!