Most people think of a detox as something to do for their physical health; a way to clean up their diet and their personal environments. However, there are a lot of emotional ‘toxins’ that we don’t consider.
If you were drinking polluted water every day it would eventually build up and cause problems. Just think if you “drank in” negative emotions (internal or external) every day, that would also cause big problems too!
Answer yes or no to the following questions to see if a whole body (which includes your mind and spirit) detox would benefit you.
- Do you find yourself constantly worrying about or fearful of the future? Y/N
- Do you obsess about losing or gaining weight? Y/N
- Do you find yourself mindlessly binge eating only to then realize you’ve overeaten and didn't even notice until it was too late? Y/N
- Do you find yourself avoiding certain people or places or spending too much time alone? Y/N (this one is slightly less relevant these days, so take that into account)
- Do you tend to ignore your gut feelings? Y/N
- Are you constantly feeling overwhelmed? Y/N
- Do you notice you’re drinking or doing drugs to escape the pressures in life? Y/N
- Do you notice you’re focusing on the past more than the present? Y/N
- Are you overcome with self-doubt or do you second-guess your choices? Y/N
- Are you feeling stuck or out of balance? Y/N
- Are you easily swayed by the opinions of others? Y/N
- Do you compare yourself to others or don’t ever feel “good enough”? Y/N
- Are there people in your life that drain your energy? Y/N
- Are you easily distracted or find it hard to stay focused on a task? Y/N
There are also some physical symptoms that can manifest if we are emotionally toxic:
- Are you having trouble sleeping (falling/staying asleep)? Y/N
- Do you notice chronic body tension? Y/N
- Do you suffer from headaches? Y/N
- Do you have seasonal or environmental allergies? Y/N
- Do you suffer from Depression and/or anxiety? Y/N
What is your total: # of Yes’s:
1-5: You are emotionally healthy, that is awesome!
6-10: You may want to consider doing the 21 Day Detox in order to start to bring your body and heart back into balance
> 10: 21 Day Detox is a must!