Skin Brushing and Alternating hot and cold showers are age old techniques to both improve your lymphatic circulation (which is crucial for a healthy immune) and detoxification system as well as glowing skin.
These two 60 second techniques can be done on a daily basis and take up no extra time in your schedule.
Try them out and let me know what you think. I know you’ll enjoy such an easy way to feel a whole lot healthier!
Dry Skin Brushing
The focus of this exercise is to help to improve your lymphatics, specifically to increase your lymphatic circulation and drainage. We need a healthy lymphatic system as this is part of our both our immune system and detoxification systems.
- While in the shower, take a loofa sponge or a skin brushing brush and rub your skin gently in small circles working from your toes and finger tips towards your heart.
- Try to reach as much of your back and whole body as you can.
- This should take no longer than 1 minute and should not irritate your skin.
Contrast Hydrotherapy (aka Alternating Hot and Cold Shower)
This practice will not only invigorate you, but it improves circulation and significantly helps your body to eliminate toxins.
- Towards the end of your shower, increase the water temperature to as hot as you can stand for 30 seconds.
- Then, decrease the temperature to as cold as you can stand for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this process 3 times.
- Ensure you end the process with cold water.