Lemon and Carrots (as well as beets) are all great foods to support a heathy liver.
These delicious muffins are a great snack to take when you’re gardening, seeding, harvesting, or just out and about.
1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium carrots)
2/3 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 scoop protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent oatmeal cups from sticking.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded carrots, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil until smooth and well combined.
- Next stir in dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; stir well to combine. Fold in shredded coconut, chopped pecans and raisins.
Evenly distribute oatmeal batter between muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until oatmeal cups are set.